GIS 3: Intro to Creating Web Maps Using ArcGIS Online
Does part of your research include site-specific locations? Would an interactive web map that includes photos of these locations help contextualize your research? Or are you interested in incorporating mapping into your class assignments? If so, this workshop will teach you how to create online maps that can display point locations with pop up text and images.
- Navigating ArcGIS Online
- Importing spreadsheet data
- Creating pinpoint locations
- Displaying images and text in pinpoint pop-ups
- Embedding interactive maps into blogging and website platforms such as Edublogs
Prerequisites: No prerequisites required, but the following workshops provide useful a foundation:
- Georeferencing Digitalized Maps and Aerial Photos with ArcGIS
- Extracting Features from Digitized Maps with ArcGIS
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Monday, March 4, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library