NVivo 1 for Windows: Getting Started
When undertaking qualitative research, it doesn’t take long for things to get messy. You can quickly find yourself buried under interview transcripts, photographs, videos, memos, web sites, articles and other texts. NVivo is a powerful data collection and analysis tool for the qualitative researcher. In this 90-minute workshop for beginners, we’ll look at strategies for getting your data into the system, setting up preferences for how you want to work, organizational principles, and other tips and tricks.
- Getting to know the NVivo workspace
- Exploring different types of data types/files that can be analyzed
- Basic coding of text-based files
- Using Queries to explore and code your data
- Recording comments and ideas
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of qualitative research methods is suggested, but not required. Watching this short tutorial on coding qualitative data before attending the workshop is recommended.
- This is the first workshop in a two-part series (NVivo 2 is the second).
- This workshop is for the *WINDOWS* version of NVivo. The Mac version differs significantly from the Windows; consequently, attending the Windows workshop if you will be using the Mac version is not recommended. We do not offer workshops on the Mac version due to having no Mac labs to do so. If you need one-on-one training for the Mac version of NVivo, please directly contact Mandy Swygart-Hobaugh, Ph.D.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library