SPSS 1: Getting Started
This workshop is the first of a three-part series on SPSS. SPSS is a statistical software package that is widely used by scientists throughout the social sciences for analysis of quantitative data.
Please note: This workshop focuses on using the point-and-click method for using SPSS; the syntax/code method will be introduced briefly.
- Navigating SPSS
- Entering and importing data from different formats (such as text and Excel files)
- Defining variables (defining and labeling codes, selecting appropriate levels of measurement)
- Manipulating and transforming data (selecting cases and splitting files; recoding and computing variables)
- Running descriptive statistics
- Generating simple graphs
- This is the first workshop in a three-part series (SPSS 2 is the second, SPSS 3 is the third).
- This workshop focuses on using the point-and-click method for using SPSS; the syntax/code method will be introduced briefly.
- This workshop is for the Windows version of SPSS.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Thursday, September 19, 2019
- 10:00am - 11:30am
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library