R 1: Introduction to R
This workshop is the first of a two-part series on R. R is a statistical software package that is rapidly being adopted both in academia and industry for analysis. R is widely used by scientists throughout the social and physical sciences for analysis of quantitative data ranging from simple descriptive analysis to complex statistical modeling.
Please note: This workshop completes all analysis using code. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
- Downloading packages
- Opening data
- Frequency distributions
- Analysis: summary statistics
- This is the first workshop in a two-part series (R 2 is the second).
- R is a free program. Please feel free to download R and bring in your own laptop if you prefer to work on your own machine.
- This workshop is for the Windows version of R.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Wednesday, October 2, 2019
- 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library