SPSS 3: Basic Coding in SPSS
This workshop is the third of a three-part series on SPSS. SPSS is a statistical software package that is widely used by scientists throughout the social sciences for analysis of quantitative data.
Please note: This workshop completes all analysis using code. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
- Recoding variables
- Coding methods
- Analysis: summary statistics, Chi-square, ANOVA, regression
Prerequisites: Attendance at SPSS 1 and 2 preferred, or completion of Parts 1-6 of the Lynda.com "SPSS Statistics Essential Training" tutorial.
- This is the third workshop in a three-part series (SPSS 1 is the first, SPSS 2 is the second).
- This workshop completes all analysis using code. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
- This workshop is for the Windows version of SPSS.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Presenters: George Usmanov, Graduate Research Assistant, member of the Library's Research Data Services Team.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Thursday, October 3, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library