Stata 1: Introduction to Stata
This workshop is the first of a three-part series on Stata. Stata is a statistical software package. Stata is widely used by scientists throughout the social sciences for analysis of quantitative data ranging from simple descriptive analysis to complex statistical modeling.
Please note: This workshop completes all analysis using code. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
- Opening data
- Generating variables (basic)
- Frequency distributions
- Analysis: summary statistics
- This is the first workshop in a three-part series (Stata 2 is the second, Stata 3 is the third).
- This workshop is for the Windows version of Stata.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
IMPORTANT: Effective Fall 2019 semester:
RDS workshops will no longer have registration but instead will be on a first-come-first-serve basis: The first 25 people to arrive *on time* will be able to attend the workshop.
Workshop instructors may choose to refuse admittance to those arriving more than 5 minutes late.
- Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Classroom 2
- Downtown Campus Library