R 2: Basic Data Analysis in R (online)
R 2: Basic Data Analysis in R (online) In-Person
IMPORTANT: All RDS Workshops will be offered solely online for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Click here to join this workshop in Webex: https://gsumeetings.webex.com/meet/randerson39
- There will be no maximum attendance -- the more the merrier!
- Please arrive in the online workshop on time.
- All of the online workshops are being offered via Webex:
- Steps for joining a Webex meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5FnEUKtaE
- You may be required to download the Webex app to attend the workshop, so please give yourself ample time to do so before the workshop begins.
- Set these as your options when joining the Webex meeting: (1) Set your video option to No Video, and (2) Mute yourself.
- You will NOT need to install any data software to attend the workshop -- you will not be doing any hands-on work during the online workshop but instead will be watching the workshop instructor demonstrate the software/tools. There will be opportunities to ask questions.
RECORDINGS OF WORKSHOPS:
We will record all our workshops for the remainder of the semester to enable those not able to attend the live version to instead watch the recorded version at their convenience. As the recordings become available, we will post them here:
At the end of the recorded workshop, we will provide the check-in form link for attendance purposes. NOTE: These recordings will be removed Monday, April 20, at 8:00 am, to allow us to tally attendance for the Spring 2020 semester certificate awards.
This workshop is the second of a two-part series on R using RStudio. R is a statistical software package that is rapidly being adopted both in academia and industry for analysis. R is widely used by scientists throughout the social and physical sciences for analysis of quantitative data ranging from simple descriptive analysis to complex statistical modeling.
Please note: This workshop completes all analysis using code. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
- Opening data
- Regression analysis
- Generating variables
Prerequisites: R 1: Introduction to R Workshop.
- This is the second workshop in a two-part series (R 1 is the first).
- R is a free program. Please feel free to download R and RStudio and bring in your own laptop if you prefer to work on your own machine.
- This workshop is for the Windows version of R and RStudio.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
RDS workshops will no longer have registration but instead will be on a first-come-first-serve basis: The first 25 people to arrive *on time* will be able to attend the workshop.
Workshop instructors may choose to refuse admittance to those arriving more than 5 minutes late.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020
- 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Downtown Campus Library