NVivo 1 for Windows: Getting Started (ONLINE)
NVivo 1 for Windows: Getting Started (ONLINE) Online
Online Workshops are Live/Synchronous:
- Click here to join this workshop in Webex: https://gsumeetings.webex.com/meet/aswygarthobaugh
- Steps for joining a Webex meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5FnEUKtaE
- You may be required to download the Webex app to attend the workshop, so please give yourself ample time to do so before the workshop begins.
- Set these as your options when joining the Webex meeting: (1) Set your video option to No Video, and (2) Mute yourself.
- There is NO REGISTRATION and there is no maximum attendance -- the more the merrier!
- You will NOT need to install any data software to attend the workshop -- you will not be doing any hands-on work during the online workshop but instead will be watching the workshop instructor demonstrate the software/tools. There will be opportunities to ask questions.
We also will offer recorded versions of the workshops to enable those not able to attend the live version to instead watch the recorded version at their convenience. As the recordings become available, we will post them here:
At the end of the recorded workshop, we will provide the check-in form link for attendance purposes.
This is the first workshop in a two-part series on NVivo. When undertaking qualitative research, it doesn’t take long for things to get messy. You can quickly find yourself buried under interview transcripts, photographs, videos, memos, web sites, articles and other texts. NVivo is a powerful data collection and analysis tool for the qualitative researcher. In this 90-minute workshop for beginners, we’ll look at strategies for getting your data into the system, setting up preferences for how you want to work, organizational principles, and other tips and tricks.
- Getting to know the NVivo workspace
- Exploring different types of data types/files that can be analyzed
- Basic coding of text-based files
- Using Queries to explore and code your data
- Recording comments and ideas
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of qualitative research methods is suggested, but not required. Watching this short tutorial on coding qualitative data before attending the workshop is recommended.
- This is the first workshop in a two-part series (NVivo 2 is the second).
- This workshop is for the *WINDOWS* version of NVivo. The Mac version differs significantly from the Windows; consequently, attending the Windows workshop if you will be using the Mac version is not recommended. We do not offer workshops on the Mac version due to having no Mac labs to do so. If you need one-on-one training for the Mac version of NVivo, please directly contact Mandy Swygart-Hobaugh, Ph.D.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Wednesday, October 14, 2020
- 1:00pm - 3:30pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event.
- Event URL: