SPSS 1: Getting Started (ONLINE)
SPSS 1: Getting Started (ONLINE) Online
Online Workshops are Live/Synchronous:
- Click here to join this workshop in Webex: https://gsumeetings.webex.com/meet/aswygarthobaugh
- Steps for joining a Webex meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5FnEUKtaE
- You may be required to download the Webex app to attend the workshop, so please give yourself ample time to do so before the workshop begins.
- Set these as your options when joining the Webex meeting: (1) Set your video option to No Video, and (2) Mute yourself.
- There is NO REGISTRATION and there is no maximum attendance -- the more the merrier!
- You will NOT need to install any data software to attend the workshop -- you will not be doing any hands-on work during the online workshop but instead will be watching the workshop instructor demonstrate the software/tools. There will be opportunities to ask questions.
We also will offer recorded versions of the workshops to enable those not able to attend the live version to instead watch the recorded version at their convenience. As the recordings become available, we will post them here:
At the end of the recorded workshop, we will provide the check-in form link for attendance purposes.
This workshop is the first of a two-part series on SPSS. SPSS is a statistical software package that is widely used by scientists throughout the social sciences for analysis of quantitative data.
Please note: This workshop focuses on using the point-and-click method for using SPSS; the syntax/code method will be introduced briefly.
- Navigating SPSS
- Entering and importing data from different formats (such as text and Excel files)
- Defining variables (defining and labeling codes, selecting appropriate levels of measurement)
- Manipulating and transforming data (selecting cases and splitting files; recoding and computing variables)
- Running descriptive statistics
- Generating simple graphs
- This workshop focuses on using the point-and-click method for using SPSS; the syntax/code method will be introduced briefly.
- This workshop is for the Windows version of SPSS.
- Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.
Want to get RDS@GSU Data Certified?
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020
- 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL: https://gsumeetings.webex.com/meet/aswygarthobaugh