GIS 2: Spatial Analysis and Arc Toolbox (ONLINE)
GIS 2: Spatial Analysis and Arc Toolbox (ONLINE) Online
Online Workshops are Live/Synchronous:
- Click here to join this workshop in Webex: https://gsumeetings.webex.com/meet/mcoskun1
- Steps for joining a Webex meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5FnEUKtaE
- You may be required to download the Webex app to attend the workshop, so please give yourself ample time to do so before the workshop begins.
- Set these as your options when joining the Webex meeting: (1) Set your video option to No Video, and (2) Mute yourself.
- There is NO REGISTRATION and there is no maximum attendance -- the more the merrier!
We also will offer recorded versions of the workshops to enable those not able to attend the live version to instead watch the recorded version at their convenience. As the recordings become available, we will post them here:
At the end of the recorded workshop, we will provide the check-in form link for attendance purposes.
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology is commonly used by private, non-profit, and government agencies for planning and analysis involving geospatial data. This introductory workshop series aim to provide attendees with foundational information about geospatial data concepts, coordinate systems, map design, spatial analysis and geospatial landscape. The workshop will be taught using ArcGIS software to manage and analyze geospatial data, conduct basic spatial analysis, and produce maps. By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to complete a small-scale geospatial data project which involves producing final maps using real-world data.
No special background knowledge or skills are required to attend. All are welcome.
- Combining databases and attribute tables
- Using Arc Toolbox
- Demographic mapping and choropleth mapping
- Visualizations: point maps, heat maps
- Subset features on a map, changing aesthetics
- Basic spatial relationship models
- Using Spatial Analyst Tools
Prerequisites: Attendance at GIS 1 preferred.
For users wishing to follow along with the “hands-on” portion of the workshop, you will need to download and install ArcGIS software through the GSU Technology Services website (Free for GSU students and faculty):
For all other users, everyone is welcome to watch the workshop presentation and participate in the chat without installing any software.
NOTE: Please read our Workshops ~ Etiquette & Policies page for pertinent information to your workshop attendance.